Fujifilm have announced the GFX 50R and the Fujifilm 100S concept cameras. Both of these are medium format.
The GFX 50R is a compact, “rangefinder” style version of their previous camera – the Fujifilm GFX 50S. It brings over the same sensor in a much smaller and more portable configuration. The price point is considerably lower as well. Also added is Bluetooth integration.
The Fujifilm GFX 100S concept is a camera to be released in 2019. This is where things get particularly interesting. The 100S will feature a 102 megapixel sensor, IBIS (in-body image stabilization) as well as 4k video and phase detection autofocus across the entire sensor. I’m guessing this will be an entirely new sensor likely not built by Sony.
But my favorite announcement today is the Fujifilm partnership with Phase One in the Capture One software. Capture One has not supported any medium format cameras other than Phase One until now. This is a huge step forward. I love Capture One and use it all the time. But this has been a stumbling block for Capture One – they have to support all cameras if they intend to gain traction in the raw image editor application space.
Over view of Fujifilm announcements:
• Fujifilm GFX 50R – smaller rangefinder style body, 50 megapixel sensor
• Fujifilm GFX 100S – Concept camera to be released in 2019
• Capture One support for Fujifilm Medium Format Cameras and film profiles
Check out my other videos:
• Fujifilm XF 16mm f/1.4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S4XoITbGBc
• Fujifilm X-T100 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9u5JVSKdo
• Fujifilm X-E3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCjp-6lhcA
• Fujifilm X-T3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlje4uLW7og
• Fujifilm X-Pro2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFaZL9twKDY
Music is from Epidemic Sound. If you need music for your videos, Epidemic is simply the best in the business. Check them out here: https://goo.gl/v5wWKr