The Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 G Master is incredible for Astrophotography.
Available from B&H https://goo.gl/HjL1Kc
This weekend I was invited to Sedona, AZ for a Sony trip to use the 24mm f/1.4 gm to shoot the night sky. This lens is absolutely incredible – I’ve had the chance to use it before, but not in an astrophotography setting.
I compared the Sony 24mm against the Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art and the Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4
We were joined by Stan Moniz and José Francisco Salgado – be sure to check out their work!
Stan Moniz https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthsmh56Kag8qnslXD4vd6g
José Francisco Salgado http://josefrancisco.org/
What I love about the Sony 24mm f/1.4 G Master
• Excellent low-light performance
• beautiful depth of field
• almost no sagittal coma flare
• very low chromatic aberration even wide open
• light weight
• fast auto-focus
• reasonable price point – performs better than lenses 5 times as expensive
Check out my other videos:
• Sony 24mm f/1.4 G Master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW-xRCrZXIc
• Why Sony is Killing It Right Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYMgDT_iAI
• How Good Are Sony Lenses? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLJQG_pU3J4
• Sony 400mm f/2.8 G Master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pix0A5TGn8
Music is from Epidemic Sound. If you need music for your videos, Epidemic is simply the best in the business. Check them out here: https://goo.gl/v5wWKr
* Sony invited me to Arizona and payed for my flight. There was no financial compensation and the opinions here are my own.