This week, Nikon is expected to announce their new full frame mirrorless system with the Nikon Z7 and the Nikon Z6.
Over the last few years we’ve seen Fujifilm and Sony develop some really interesting mirrorless camera systems. Panasonic and Olypmus have had mirrorless cameras with their micro 4/3 system.
The next month is going to be very interesting in terms of camera announcements from Nikon, followed immediately by Canon and then rumors say Sony will follow with another as well.
But the interesting newcomer is Nikon. Nikon failed with their last mirrorless attempt – the Nikon 1. So far we know there are likely 2 camera bodies they will announce as well as 3 lenses and an adapter for the older F mount lenses. Will this be enough to compete with Sony and Fuji who already have fully developed systems?
These are my thoughts as to what Nikon need to succeed:
• Develop a sensor that gives us dynamic range like we’re seeing with Medium Format Cameras
• Develop an autofocus system that competes with Sony’s Eye AF
• Develop some actually interesting lenses, not just generic f/2.8 zooms
• Provide some legitimate video options – 4k, high frame rate, log profiles and 10-bit.
• Find a niche and figure out what will make people want to use Nikon
This video is sponsored by Squarespace. For a free trial visit http://squarespace.com/aop – for 10% off your subscription use offer code AOP on checkout.
Music is from Epidemic Sound. If you need music for your videos, Epidemic is simply the best in the business. Check them out here: https://goo.gl/v5wWKr
Check out my other videos:
World Cup Lens of the Future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pix0A5TGn8
Sony a5100 :: The Best Deal In Photography https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KeKZ_LX8j8
Sony RX100 V :: Wow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuY48hNitCA
$63,000 Camera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq2LmstGD5M
The Fujifilm X-E3 is incredible! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCjp-6lhcA
* FTC disclosure – This video is sponsored by Squarespace