Today Canon released the Canon EOS R, full-frame mirrorless camera.
This is an entirely new lens mount for Canon and so an entirely new system. Canon has been pretty quiet over the last few years and Sony has made it quite obvious that the competition has fallen behind. Canon also announced 4 lenses – a 24-105mm, 28-70mm, 35mm and a 50mm. Is the Canon system enough to compete with the Nikon Z6 and Z7? Does it compete with Sony? Lets break it down.
The Canon EOS R
• 30MP full frame sensor
• Dual Pixel Raw, micro-adjustment, bokeh shift and ghosting reduction
• 5,655 selectable AF points
• 8fps burst rate with one-shot AF
• 5fps burst rate with servo AF/AE
• 1 SD card slot – UHS-II compatible
• UGD 4k up to 25/30p – 1.6x crop
• Canon log profile
• 4k uncompressed 10 bit HDMI output
• HDR movie, 4k Time-lapse movie
• Focus Peaking / Focus Distance Indicator
• 3.1″ vari-angle, 2.1 million dot LCD with touch control
• GPS via phone app
• LP-E6 / LP-E6N Battery
And unfortunately way too many “gotchas” on these features.
Check out my other videos:
Why Sony Is Absolutely Killing It Right Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYMgDT_iAI
Dear Nikon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lDMOyNwA4Y
Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pix0A5TGn8
Fujifilm X-T100 :: The Best Deal In Photography Right Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9u5JVSKdo
Music is from Epidemic Sound. If you need music for your videos, Epidemic is simply the best in the business. Check them out here: https://goo.gl/v5wWKr