I had the opportunity to photograph the Blue Angels at the Miramar air show this weekend when Sony flew me and several journalists to San Diego to work with the Sony A9 and the 400mm f/2.8 lens.
I also had the privilege of learning from 2 of the finest aviation photographers working today – Frank Crebas and Larry Grace. They gave me some wonderful tips on how to shoot aviation in broad sunlight.
The Sony A9 is simply outstanding. With its stacked CMOS sensor it is capable of shooting raw files at 20 frames a second with no blackout in the viewfinder. More importantly it can adjust the autofocus up to 60 times a second. It is one of the fastest and most powerful mirrorless cameras I have used to date.
Check out my other videos:
• Sony 24mm f/1.4 GM lens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW-xRCrZXIc
• Sony 400mm f/2.8 GM lens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pix0A5TGn8
• Why Sony is absolutely killing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYMgDT_iAI
• Why you will love the Sony A7 III https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnMQAHjbLg
• Sony RX100 V Video Settings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oei-5cx0xk
Music is from Epidemic Sound. If you need music for your videos, Epidemic is simply the best in the business. Check them out here: https://goo.gl/v5wWKr
* Sony paid for my travel to make this video. There was no further financial compensation and the opinions in this video are my own.